Spirit Renaissance Natural Paint Brush
$5.49 – $13.99
- Formulated with natural bristle replacement filament.
- Designed for use with oil-based paints, shellacs, varnishes, enamel stains.
- Stiffer finish for textured surfaces.
- Excellent paint pick-up and calibrated release.
- Kiln stabilized hardwood brush handles made from sustainable beech.
- Brush heads steamed to shape to ensure a lifetime of precision painting.
- Stainless steel ferrules.
- Available in sizes 1” 1 ½”, 2”, 2 ½”, 3”.
- For indoor usage.
- Permanent storage keeper to maintain shape.
The Spirit Renaissance Natural Paint Brush is inspired by high quality natural bristle brushes traditionally made over the last 100 years but with a modern twist. The filling looks and performs exactly like natural bristle but is made with a polyester based fibre that has been allowed to settle without pressure being applied after extrusion giving an authentic natural “wave” to the filament.
This allows much greater paint pick-up reflecting the quality of traditional pig bristle. As with other products in our range, these brushes are made with FSC certified sustainable hard wood beech which has been weathered and then kiln dried in our ovens to reduce humidity and stabilize the wood. This is then cut to size and shaped before being smoothed and polished with matt wax which seals the handle to ensure stability over the lifetime of the brush. Our handles will not warp or bend.
This brush can be used with oil-based paints, shellacs, varnishes, enamel stains and has a stiffer finish for textured surfaces.
The Spirit Renaissance Natural Paint Brush is easy to clean after use. Made with synthetic filaments, paints are not absorbed into the filament as they are with natural bristle but attach to the outside. To clean brushes used with water-based paints such as acrylic or latex, just rinse out under water. If using oil based paints, clean with solvents.
These brushes also come with their own hard storage case. Once the brush has been cleaned, simply put it into the case, even if still wet, and it will naturally dry whilst maintaining its tapered profile for the next use.
The brush is available in 1” 1 ½”, 2”, 2 ½”, 3” sizes and is intended for indoor use.
Want the same high quality blend for smooth surfaces? Check out our Spirit Master Enamel Paint Brush.